Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Saka's Gothic Themed Meet~

I have to say, even when we have small parties, I have a blast. I really like seeing the different looks that people come up with, it's always super awe inspiring to me.

..and I usually want to squeeze everyone until the point they can't breathe.
ButIrestrainmyselfmostofthetime.




The last meet we had was at Saka's, again, and due to the lag there she actually upgraded her land (Probably for others reasons as well but let's be vain and say it's about lag. XD!) so her next party should be somewhere that gives everyone a little more breathing room and gives your SL an easier time!

The themed events seem to be going over well, from the feedback I'm getting from those who can attend. We've realized by trying another Thursday night meet that the best time for a larger amount of you to get together is late Friday nights/early in the day Saturday for those in the Japanesy time zones. However this leaves our lovely Euros out of the fun. Because of this I will be making and giving out officer applications for people to host parties at better time for the Euros during the weekend (Or other times if they want) while I'm not around. :] Please IM me (Chobii) if interested.



As always with every event, someone's total adorableness stood out to us... and if I'd have been giving a prize out for best dressed Sou would have gotten it for sure last time. His outfit from The Black Canary (WE MISS THEM SO DEARLY ;A;) was amazingly paired with Lo*Momo's mesh boots. His Elegant gothic attire took my breath away, personally, and it's pretty hard for a male avatar on SL to impress me. XD! Good Job, Sou. Please don't be too embarrassed, but you were so cute I haaave to show everyone! <3



Twins one meet and Triplets the next! This time Saka, Psyche, and I all dressed in G Field's Julia dresses in different colors with all the exact same accessories! It was super fun. QUADRUPLETS NEXT TIME? WHO IS DOWN? Not really (YESREALLY) the whole point of mentioning that is because we were talking and the topic of what makes classic lolita classic lolita and what makes gothic lolita gothic lolita? I mean, of course the standard guidelines of the fashion are to be followed, but beyond that what breaks them apart fully? We were all in agreement that the style of the dress reminded us more of classical than gothic, but because of the darker colors we were wearing we all chose it for gothic. O:

Psyche made a joke about it being the blind leading the blind. Which, well, in a way is true. Not leading in the terms that I'm trying to dictate what sub style of lolita everyone wears, but in running the group and making themes for meets... I'm a little out of touch with what falls into each individual style... and it seems I'm not alone! O:



Before we came across this, Elize gave me the wonderful idea of giving out a note card with references to lolita sites showing the lolita guidelines for those new to the fashion that were interested in it, giving everyone the opportunity to find all the sources I've found in my lengthy lolita adoration period. Psyche, Saka, and I are working out a set of note cards for just that, but the fact that Psyche said it was like the blind leading the blind.... I got another great idea!~

I'm going to begin monthly casual lolita meets, where people can come in whatever they're most comfortable in and bring friends that they think may be interested in the fashion. In these meets we're going to be going over the lolita guidelines and explaining the backing behind them, then we'll begin breaking down different sub styles of lolita to help you and us better understand them so that we can put better outfits together and get names of certain things to hopefully find them in SL easier, hm? :D! I do hope a lot of you will come to these, even if you do decide to in lolita dresses over casual clothes! <3
(If you'd like to help with these, please IM Chobii as we will be needing models in each of the sub styles as we go over them! O:)

The next event we're having is going to be an autumn themed one! I'm working on getting the date set. Violent Seduction store review is next!! O:

ALSOTHEYHAVENEWPARTMESHBLOUSESOUTWITHLUSH/TANGOAPPLIERSGOGOGO. <3 They'resopretty.

My blog for a peak at the blouses!

MUAH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment